MOHAWK TRAIL REGIONAL SCHOOL DISTRICT
MTRSD STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
- The Mohawk Trail Regional School District is committed to educate every student in its care by providing the skills, knowledge and values necessary for individuals to be capable and concerned participants in society.
Our belief statements articulate our school system’s core values.
We believe that:
- The foundations of learning are literacy, mathematical competence and thinking.
- Public education has a responsibility to set high expectations and to be accountable for the achievement of those expectations.
- Each member of the school community is entitled to fair and equitable treatment.
- All students can learn.
- Learning is a life-long activity.
- Students learn in different ways.
- Physical, emotional and social health are essential to learning.
- Nurturing and supportive relationships strengthen academic growth.
- Respect for self and others are necessary for a productive learning environment.
- Education is the shared responsibility of students, parents, staff and community.
Our goal statements articulate our aspirations for our students.
In a safe, secure and supportive environment, all our students will:
- Demonstrate competence in literacy, mathematical skills and thinking.
- Achieve the educational standards identified for a Mohawk graduate.
- Develop the capabilities for positive and effective human relationships.
- Develop the capability to adapt successfully to continuous change.
MOHAWK TRAIL REGIONAL MIDDLE SCHOOL – HIGH SCHOOL
Our Foundational Commitments
- Mohawk values and supports inspired teaching and learning, as well as imagination, initiative, and independent thinking.
- Mohawk cultivates rigorous academics and embraces diverse approaches to learning, within and beyond the classroom.
- Mohawk encourages self-expression and respects and responds to students' voices.
- Mohawk fosters a sense of responsibility for one’s self, others, and the environment.
- Mohawk commits to effective partnerships through communication and collaboration among staff, students, families, and community.
- Mohawk reflects the vibrancy of the community and natural environment that surrounds it.
21st Century Learning Expectations
- Use real-world digital and other research tools to access, evaluate and effectively apply information appropriate for authentic tasks.
- Work independently and collaboratively to solve problems and accomplish goals.
- Communicate information clearly and effectively using a variety of tools/media in varied contexts for a variety of purposes.
- Demonstrate innovation, flexibility and adaptability in thinking patterns, work habits, and working/learning conditions.
- Effectively apply the analysis, synthesis, and evaluative processes that enable productive problem solving.
- Value and demonstrate personal responsibility, character, cultural understanding, and ethical behavior.
As members of the Mohawk community, we will be:
- A role model
BUCKLAND SHELBURNE ELEMENTARY
- The mission at BSE is to support students in reaching their full potential within the greater community.
- We value a safe environment for learning
- We value a diverse community of learners
- We value a commitment to collaboration
- We value enrichment across all disciplines
- We strive for academic excellence
School Wide Themes
The staff at Sanderson Academy believes that effective education involves helping all students to acquire basic skills and the ability to apply them in meaningful contexts. Each child will be viewed as a unique individual, possessing strengths and needs in the cognitive, social-emotional, and physical areas of development. All students will have opportunities to build positive self-esteem, appreciate diversity in society, and gain a broad knowledge base.
The staff at Sanderson Academy endeavors to do the following in pursuit of effective education:
- Incorporate a variety of teaching methods and materials in order to address the learning styles and abilities of all children.
- Praise and support learners so they develop positive self-esteem and increased independence.
- Implement curricula based upon scientific research.
- Create a physically and emotionally safe school environment.
- Develop strong school-home relationships in which teachers and parents work in partnership.
We believe that learners, staff, parents, and community working together will achieve quality education for all children.
COLRAIN CENTRAL SCHOOL
- The mission of the Colrain Central School is to work together in a safe, welcoming environment, to promote an education that pursues excellence, independence, and creativity while sustaining a sense of community.
At Colrain Central School we value for students, staff, and community:
- Problem solving
- At CCS, our vision for our students is to move forward with the self-confidence to meet new challenges; to be good citizens; to have the ability and desire to continually acquire new knowledge and skills.
HEATH ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- The Heath School community believes that a well-balanced educational program, which promotes rigorous academics, creative endeavors, and social responsibility, will best prepare our children for a lifetime of learning as active and caring citizens in a democratic society.
The following is a list of the Heath Elementary School’s values that, when integrated into the daily life of our school, empower children to interact effectively and compassionately with local, national, and global communities. By demonstrating a commitment to these values as a community of learners, we recognize and honor our connection to those who have come before us and our responsibility to those who will follow.
- We value respect of others and ourselves.
- We value the development of and participation in community.
- We value open-mindedness and diversity of viewpoints.
- We value the courage to challenge oneself academically, intellectually, and socially.
- We value high expectations and standards of excellence, keeping in mind the uniqueness of each learner.
- We value an understanding and appreciation of our natural, cultural, and social environments.
- We value service learning and civic-mindedness.
- We value parents as their children’s first teachers and as essential to their education.
- We value the mutual partnership of families and teachers, in support of children’s learning.
- We value the building of character to include a sense of justice, honesty, and integrity.
- We value that each teacher is a learner and a teacher to every student and to each other.
- We value that staff and students meet regularly to set goals, plan, share, learn, and reflect.
- We value the creation of a continuum of learning throughout the school and across disciplines.
- We value developing self-discipline, perseverance, and a strong work ethic.
- We value a welcoming, joyful, and hospitable environment in which all are included, invited, and have a place.
- We value a commitment to problem-solving and critical thinking.
- We value optimism, gratitude, kindness, forthrightness, and a sense of humor.
- We value the culture and character of our school and will help one another, especially the new, to grow in understanding and maintaining its traditions.
- We value greeting change proactively.
HAWLEMONT REGIONAL ELEMENTARY SCHOOL
- Hawlemont Regional School is a community of learners. We believe in the innate goodness of every child, and we recognize the right of each individual to grow in an atmosphere of caring, to love life and learning, to develop a sense of discipline and responsibility, and to interact creatively with their world. Within our small community we practice justice and promote an allegiance to the democratic values on which our nation was founded. We affirm the right of our students to the knowledge and skills which will enable them to take their place as productive members in the larger society of which we are part.
H.A.Y. (Hawlemont, Agriculture, & You) Mission Statement
- Our goal is to provide an innovative elementary education through hands-on, experiential learning that combines agriculture and community involvement with traditional curriculum.
Hawlemont believes in the golden rule
Treat other people the way you want to be treated
- We have respect for ourselves: (we are honest, we are safe, we are good listeners, we try our best, we get help when we need it, we believe in ourselves).
- We have respect for other people: (we keep our hands and feet to ourselves; we say pleasant things; we use good language; we don’t tease or make fun; we help each other; we are polite; we work together to solve problems).
- We have respect for our environment: (we stay out of other people’s desks; we clean up after ourselves; we treat our materials carefully; we pick up trash and litter; we show other people where we put trash; we leave nature alone; we save gum chewing for after school)
- We have respect for our learning: (we use indoor voices in school; we listen; we participate; we don’t disturb other people when they are working; we raise our hands when we talk; we pay attention; we try our best)
Students at Hawlemont created the following school-wide rules:
- Respect everyone and everything around you
- Do your best and have fun
- Be a good listener
- Be kind to others